Türk Nöroşirürji Dergisi 2001 , Vol 11 , Num 3
Nazan BOZDOĞAN1, Pınar ATASOY2, Sibel ÖZTÜRK3, Esra ERDEN3
1Kırıkkale Devlet Hastanesi Patoloji Lab.,
2Kırıkkale Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Patoloji ABD, Kırıkkale
3Ankara Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Patoloji ABD., Ankara
In this study, we used grading system, which Mahmood et al suggested for meningiomas in 1993. According to this we have graded 115 primary intracranial meningiomas diagnosed between 1988-1996 years. Nuclear pleomorphism, hypercellularity, sheeting, mitotic index, tumour necrosis and brain invasion are examined and scored. Then by adding these scores, final grade for meningiomas were obtained. According to this system 88.7% of the tumours were diagnosed as benign and the remaining 11.3% as atypical. Among the tumours, the rate of recurrence was 31.4% for benign meningiomas and 38.5% for atypic. The mean length of recurrence-free survival was 28.2 months for benign and 40.5 months for atypical meningiomas. The mean length of survival was 144 months for benign and 31 months for atypical meningiomas. Anahtar Kelimeler : Grading, meningiomas